Ingredients for Chicken Manchurian:
For making the chicken marinade:
- 3/4 lbs Boneless chicken (cut into 1 1/2 inch length thin strips.)
- 3 tsp All purpose flour or maida
- 2-3 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1/2 tsp Ajinomoto
- 1/2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Chili sauce (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
For making the sauce:
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Green chillies, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp Spring onions - finely chopped
- 1/4 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp Chili sauce (optional)
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce/ketchup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- a pinch of Ajinomoto
- 1/4 cup of Chicken stock (or use Maggi/Knorr Chicken Soup Cubes)
- Maida/All-purpose flour with water (mix 3 tbsp of maida & 1/4 cup of water)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt To taste
Directions for making Chicken Manchurian:
- Combine all the ingredients for the Marinade (except oil) and set aside for 1/2 - 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Deep fry the chicken pieces a few at a time.
- Drain when golden brown and cooked. Keep aside.
- In another pan, heat oil, and then add the chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies and finally some spring onion and saute for a minute.
- Add the soya sauce, chili sauce/tomato sauce, pepper, sugar, ajinomoto, stock and salt.
- Add little water and bring to a boil. Add the fried chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add the maida and water mixture and stir so that no lumps are formed.
- Cook for a few minutes until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Enjoy your Chicken Manchurian. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Andhra Style Chilli Chicken, Chettinad Pepper Chicken, Chicken Jalfrezi, Chicken Kurma, Chicken Shashlik, Chicken Vindaloo, Tandoori Chicken, Chicken in Spinach Puree, Butter Chicken
Go to Top