Bhakkervadi or Bhakarwadi (Spicy gram flour snack) is one of the favourite vegetarian crispy snacks of Gujaratis.
Time required: One hour
Ingredients for Bhakar Wadi:
- 240 g. gram flour
- 120 g. wheat flour
- salt to taste
- a pinch of asafoetida
- oil for deep frying
- 100 g. grated coconut
- 60 g. sesame seeds
- 60 g. poppy seeds
- a pinch of sugar
- salt and chilli powder to taste
- 100 g. coriander leaves, chopped fine
- a marble sized ball of tamarind, soaked in a little water
- black masala powder (branded curry powder) to taste
Directions for making Bhakar Wadi:
- Mix together gram flour and wheat flour.
- Add salt, asafoetida, 60 ml. hot oil and
- Knead to a stiff dough. Keep it aside.
- Roast the grated coconut, sesame seeds and poppy seeds and grind to a powder.
- Add sugar, salt, chilli powder and coriander leaves to the masala powder to prepare the filling for bhakar wadi.
- Add tamarind pulp and black masala powder and mix well.
- Divide the dough into small portions and roll each portion into a thin rectangular shaped chappati.
- Spread the filling all over the chappati and roll up the dough with the filling into a tight cylindrical shape.
- Seal the edges with a little water.
- Cut into three cm. long pieces and deep fry in hot oil till brown and crisp.
- Remove from oil and store in an airtight container.
- Enjoy your Bhakar Wadi. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top