Dhokla is an appetizer very popular from the cuisine of Gujarat, a Western Indian state. This snack is fluffy and spongy and is soaked with tangy sauce of coriander. Dhokla is sometimes served to accompany a meal.
Ingredients for Dhokla:
- 200 gms Gram flour
- 1 cup Curd (yogurt)
- 1 tbsp Chopped green chili
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Chopped ginger
- 1 tsp Soda bi-carb
- 1 tbsp Chopped green coriander
- 1/2 cup Fresh grated coconut
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt As per taste
Directions for making Dhokla:
- Take gram flour in a bowl. Add beaten Yogurt and warm water. Whisk well to remove all lumps. The mixture should have a thick consistency. Add salt and cover it and leave it to ferment for 3-4 hours.
- Make a paste of ginger and green chilies.
- Add this paste to the fermented mixture. Add turmeric powder and correct seasoning.
- Keep the steamer ready on the flame.
- Grease a dhokla mold or a shallow cake tin with a little oil. In a small bowl take one teaspoon of soda bi-carb, 1 teaspoon oil and juice of lemon. Mix well and add this to the Gram flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased mold and steam for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for sometime. Cut into squares and arrange in a serving platter/bowl.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Add mustard seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle, remove and pour over the dhoklas.
- Serve garnished with chopped green coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Enjoy your Dhokla. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Bonda with Mashed Potato recipe, Cashew Kunuku, Dahi Vada, Hot Kachori recipe , Maida Bonda, Masala Vada, Mysore Bonda, Pav Bhaji recipe , Potato Bhonda, Rice Uppuma, Sweet Adai, Ulundu Vada recipe, Ribbon Murukku, Medu Vada
Go to Top