Ingredients for Yummy Yam:
- 250 g yam
- 100 g peas
- 100 g tomatoes, blanched, peeled and pureed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 50 g ghee or clarified butter
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 red chilies
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 gm ginger, minced
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 2 tsp vinegar
Directions for making Yummy Yam:
- Chop yam into big pieces, wash and boil in salted water.
- Drain, peel and mash, then set aside.
- Grind all the ingredients of sauce to a paste.
- Heat butter in a large pan, fry onions until golden brown along with bay leaf.
- Add paste, tomato puree, peas and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat, then add mashed yam.
- Cover and cook on very low heat, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Enjoy your Yummy Yam. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Aloo Dum, Baigan Fry Recipe, Bittergourd Gojju, Cauliflower Curry, Dum Aloo Kashmiri, Eggplant Podi Curry recipe , Gobi Manchurian, Malai Kofta recipe , Matar Paneer, Navaratna Curry, Palak Paneer recipe , Pineapple Gojju, Potato Podimas, Spicy Okras, Stuffed Capsicum, Vegetables Cutlets recipe , Vegetable Kofta, Vegetable Makhanwala
Go to Top